U bevindt zich hier: Home >
Travelling to Oosterbeek
Traffic measures in the Oosterbeek area
During the march several traffic measures apply to secure the safety of the participants and visitors. These measures do not only include no-parking zones but closing of roads as well to ensure a safe and clear passage for emergency services, ambulances, etc. The police will keep a close watch and obstructing vehicles will be removed at owners cost if necessary.
A detour applies for all normal traffic between Wageningen and Arnhem on the marching day. Make sure you calculate extra time. Traffic measures in Oosterbeek will apply as of 09:00 hrs (or earlier if necessary) and will be maintained until 18:00 hrs.. You are advised to use the designated parking areas and to follow instructions by policemen and traffic wardens.
We strongly advise you to use public transport to avoid traffic jams.
To Oosterbeek by bus:
- if you take the bus from Central Station in Arnhem take line number 1 from BRENG, direction Oosterbeek and get off at the stop Weeninklaan/Stationsweg in Oosterbeek.
- busses from BRENG, coming fromWageningen and going to Arnhem v.v., stop in Oosterbeek at Oranjeweg / Hartensteinlaan (line 51 & 52).
- fare in these buses is payable with OV Chipcard or with one way RIT-ticket (Arnhem to Oosterbeek € 3,00 / Wageningen to Oosterbeek € 5,00)
- special shuttle buses between Arnhem Central Railway Station and Oosterbeek ( return ticket € 5,00)
- surfing to http://www.9292ov.nl enables you to plan your trip from any place in Holland to Oosterbeek (or vice versa) by public transport, with routes, distances and timetables
- when in Holland, dial 0900-9292 for the same with the help of an operator (€ 0,50 p/min.)
To Oosterbeek by train:
Oosterbeek can easily be reached by train with an half-hour-service from Arnhem or Utrecht or any station in between on that line. Starting grounds are 10 mins. walk from Oosterbeek station.
On the marching day extra as wel as longer trains will run to and from Oosterbeek.
Extra stop trains
- Each half hour from 7.30 hrs and 17.30 hrs stoptrains from Ede -Wageningen to Arnhem.
- Each half hour from 7.30 hrs and 17.30 hrs stoptrains from Arnhem to Ede-Wageningen.
- All Intercity trains between Utrecht-Arnhem v.v. between 08.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs will halt at Oosterbeek.
The International trains DO NOT stop at Oosterbeek, but do stop at Arnhem.
In case you want to use the full English version of the above widget please click here
Parking NS stations
As well as at stations in Ede-Wageningen, Driebergen, Veenendaal/De Klomp as in Arnhem there is plenty of parking space for your car.
To Oosterbeek by car
coming from the north, west or east of Holland, take the motorway A12 which runs from the city of The Hague in the west to the German/Dutch border in the east and turn off at Oosterbeek. From there Oosterbeek is signposted.
The parking area Dreijenseweg is open all day
coming from the south take the motorway A50 and turn off at Wageningen/Oosterbeek. From there Oosterbeek is signposted.
Parking areas P3 and P4 close at 09.00 hrs.
- Parking areas are at walking distance from start/finish area.
- please follow instructions from police and traffic wardens
- busses and military vehicles are directed to reserved parking area's at the Sonnenberglaan
The map below shows the designated parking areas. Click on the link below the map for an enlargement. Clicking on the 'P' shows additional information.